1. Important information and who we are
Responsibility for your data
Processor: when one of our products is provided to you by your club, team, league, or association, then we act as a data processor of your data under a contract with your club, team, league or association.
Full name of legal entity: HitIQ Limited
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: FAO: HitIQ DPO, Suite 1, Level 2, 9/17 Raglan Street, South Melbourne, VICTORIA, 3205, Australia
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website is not intended for children. Persons under the age of 16, or any higher applicable minimum age in the jurisdiction where that person resides, are not permitted to use our products, or participate in trials unless their parent or guardian has consented in accordance with applicable law. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the relevant minimum age without parental or guardian consent, we will take steps to secure parent or guardian consent or delete the information as soon as possible. Parents who believe that their child has submitted personal information to us and would like to have it deleted may contact us at email@example.com.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username, or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Website Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Nexus Product Technical Data includes the 3D printed dentition of an individual’s upper teeth (biometric data), kinetic data captured by the mouthguard and any correlating video of impacts, club, team, league, or association that you are affiliated with and position in that team.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Special Categories of Personal Data
When you use our Nexus product, we need to capture some background health information and specific biometric information, such as making a 3D printed dentition of your upper teeth and kinetic data derived from your mouthguard. Other than your use of the Nexus Product, we do not collect other Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you or your club, team, league or association, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our product or the information that is generated by our products). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data, and Nexus Product Technical Data by using our products, filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- purchase our products or services directly;
- set-up an athlete account on our web application;
- participate in studies that we sponsor;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;\enter a competition, promotion, or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Indirect Product Interactions. If your club, team, league or association have a contract with us, they may provide you with one of our products and set you up as a product user via our web application. Your personal information will then be provided to us through your use of our products.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
Website Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers (such as Google based outside the UK/EU);
- search information providers (such as Google) based outside the UK/EU].
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services based in Australia.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as club or team websites.
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where we need to perform a contract that we have entered into with your club, team, league or association.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where we have obtained your consent or explicit consent, such as participation in a study sponsored by us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You can unsubscribe at any time from any direct marketing message received from us.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving marketing messages from us.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us from a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.